Re: [SLE] HP 6300C scanner
  • From: Patrick <penguin0601@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 22:49:50 -0500
On Wednesday 06 November 2002 06:29 pm, Bruce Marshall wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 November 2002 18:24 pm, Patrick wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I know I have seen some on this list mention that they have a
> > HP6300C scanner connected to their SuSE machine and working ok, so
> > tell me how? I have searched the database and mail archives as I
> > thought something might be there, but did not see anything
> > connected to this model. I am guessing I saw something in reply to
> > another HP scanner where someone mentioned it.
> >
> > Here are the specifics: SuSE 8.0, USB connection
> > YaST2 sees the scanner sets up for it correctly, pretty much that
> > is! YaST2 won't run the test scan and the programs don't want to
> > see it. Checking the hp.conf files, I find this: scsi HP &
> > /dev/scanner
> >
> > I am thinking this might be a problem since it is a USB scanner?
> > Maybe it should be usb HP & usb /dev/usbscanner instead?
> >
> > Thanks for your input.
>
> Have you tried sane-find-scanner ??
>
> It may find your scanner and then you need to fix the /etc/sane files
> to enable it. Don't know whether this would be the problem with a
> usb scanner but it showed me that my scsi scanner was visible.

Thanks Bruce, no, I did not think to try that at all. I should have,
but was contending with some other things and the customer talking to
me while I was working. Didn't think of some other things either until
I got back to the shop. ;o)

Once I find the scanner, I will then edit the sane files accordingly to
make it work. Thanks again and good to see you participating again on
the SuSE list!

Patrick
Registered Linux User #225206