Re: [SLE] Apache and SuSE config
  • From: poeml@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 02:21:16 +0100
On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 04:44:00PM -0800, Dominic Maraglia wrote:
> Hello Joe,
>

> On 11/07/2002 04:47 AM, Dominic Maraglia wrote:
>
> > >So, I find this very confusing as, in fact, I have not touched any of the
> > >above mentioned files. Maybe I am missing something, but this seems odd.
> > >
> > >Any thoughts?
> > >

> >Maybe you have updated apache, and the conf files were created with
> >rpmnew extension. Check /etc/httpd. I had similar errors after an update.
>
> Good idea, however I have not updated the apache install. I installed
> apache, made a few minor changes to /etc/sysconfig/apache, ran
> SuSEconfig --module apache and no joy. This is rather toubling as this is
> on a produciton server...

I would also think that an update with config files that were _never
modified_ would be the most likely reason. (SuSEconfig is a bit stupid
in this case, it wouldn't need to store an MD5 sum when the file has
never been modified, would it?

I can't think of any other explanation right now.

(Are there any rpmnew/rpmsave files in /etc/httpd/?)

Please check the differences between the files and the *.SuSEconfig
editions. That should shed light on it.

Peter
< Previous Next >