Re: [SLE] Optmizing disk cache
  • From: Doug Glenn <dglenn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 19:38:03 -0500
On Tuesday 05 November 2002 20:51, Christopher Mahmood wrote:
> > Is there are web site with this in english and not technospeak? I
> > don't have that directory currently (And I don't want to load the
> > source on this system, not enough drive space on /usr)
>
> http://hr.uoregon.edu/davidrl/Documentation/filesystems/proc.txt
> (the first of google's +1300 hits).
>
> I'm not sure what you want in English.

Thanks. What did you use for a search? I guess I did not expect it to
show up in /proc. There used to be a how-to (2.2 days) on Linux.com and
I could not locate that one anymore. I will see if this is the answer.
The other is to revert back to resierfs from ext3. I recall I did not
get there errors there even without the notail option for resierfs in
fstab.

English vs technospeak :) I'm not fully up to Linuxese yet, so much to
learn still even after 7 years of using Linux.

Doug

< Previous Next >