Re: [SLE] library dependency?
  • From: Philipp Thomas <pth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 01:26:03 +0100
Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx> [Wed, 6 Nov 2002 20:14:52 +0100]:

>On Wednesday 06 November 2002 19.16, Philipp Thomas wrote:
>> And it's IMNSHO most probably checkinstall that got the requires wrong.
>
>checkinstall uses rpm's find-requires, which in turn uses ldd to see which
>libs are needed. IMVHO it must be ld that gets it wrong.

Nope, I think there's something fishy with the openssl package which
I'll check tomorrow.

libcrypto has a soname of libcrypto.so.0.9.6. There are two reasons why
this is so. Either no soname is passed to the linker, in which case the
library name is used, or it's explicitly given. openssl *also* provides
the symlink libcrypto.so.0, pointing to libcrypto.so.0.9.6.

The most interesting thing would be what jpilot has in its DT_NEEDED
fields. John, could you please run 'objdump -p jpilot' and post the
output (the lines beginning with NEEDED would suffice)?

At least the jpilot 0.99 in our source RPM has no configuration option
for libcrypto and AFAICS, configure does not search for libcrypto. So
I'm wondering where the need for libcrypto is coming from.

John, which version of jpilot and pilot-link did you use (preferably
with URL)? I'd like to check where the requirement for libcrypto is
coming from.

Philipp

--
Philipp Thomas work: pthomas@xxxxxxx