Re: [SLE] who can telll me what CUPS is?
  • From: rex <rex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 14:14:40 -0800
Thibaut Cousin <cousin@xxxxxxxx> [2002-11-06 07:08]:

> Oh, that's another good point with CUPS: you can configure and play with
> the server very easily. Type "http://localhost:631"; in your browser,
> login=root, and you have a web interface for the CUPS server. You can
> restart queues, configure them, etc.

That would be nice but it doesn't work here. As both a user and as root it
fails.

Mozilla returns:

The connection was refused when attempting to contact localhost:631

Konqueror returns:

An error occured while loading http://localhost:631:

Could not connect to host localhost (port 631)

This is with SuSE 8.0.

Thanks for the clear explanation.

-rex
--
Humans are at least as numerous as pigeons, their brains are not
significantly costlier than pigeon brains, and for many tasks they

< Previous Next >