Re: [SLE] install suse 8.0 and have an embarrassed desktop interface KDE forever
  • From: Richard <ratcheson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 15:17:49 -0600
On Wednesday 06 November 2002 6:44 am, Adagilson B B da Silva wrote:
> it has more than 250MB ram (just 8 for video, my friend)
>
> Silviu Marin-Caea escreveu:
>
> > Hmm, it doesn't have any reason not to work with XFree too... Perform
> > that upgrade, and if that doesn't solve it, try with another vertical
> > refresh. Or try relaxing the memory parameters in BIOS, considering
> > your video chip uses a part of the main system memory, maybe it's not
> > fast enough.

I believe the term you are looking for is> it leaves artifacs on the desktop.
They are little or sometimes big pieces of crap from some other window that
blanks out whatever is supposed to be in view.

I have a 950 meg AMD Duron with 700+megs ram, a Radeon7500 with 64m ram,
and they sometimes leave such artifacs. The burning questions are, Does
anyone know what causes them and How do you get rid of them (how do you do a
refresh).
RA

< Previous Next >