Re: [SLE] Apache and SuSE config
Hello Togan,

> * Dominic Maraglia; <dominic.maraglia@xxxxxxxxxx> on 06 Nov, 2002 wrote:
> >I am running 8.1 to run several virtual domains (apache 1.3). I have run
quite a few apache servers before, but I am used
> >to manually managing the httpd.conf file. I am giving SuSE config a
try -- seems like a decent tool to manage certain
> >variables for apache. I have a quick question about the httpd.conf
files:

> >SuSE's documentation states that, if using SuSEconfig, one should not
manually edit httpd.conf, as this will cause a failure
> >when running md5check sums. Fair enough. So then, is it safe/acceptable
to manually edit the httpd.conf.SuSEconfig?

> No it would not make a difference since it will not be parsed. On the
> other hand you can have couple of options
>
> a) create your config files which include just the changes you want and
> then mention these config files in the /etc/sysconfig/apache
>
> HTTPD_CONF_INCLUDE_FILES="/etc/httpd/mirrors.conf"
>
> and then run SuSEconfig --module apache

I performed exactly this actions -- I have not touched, at all, any of the
default apache conf files. I vi'ed /etc/sysconfig/apache, and added
HTTPD_CONF_INCLUDE_FILES="/etc/httpd/virt_hosts"; I also changed the
HTTPD_PERFORMANCE=slim to thick.

I then ran SuSEconfig --module apache which produced this output:

ATTENTION: You have modified
/etc/httpd/httpd.conf. Leaving it untouched...
You can find my version in
/etc/httpd/httpd.conf.SuSEconfig...

Including /etc/httpd/virt_hosts.164

ATTENTION: You have modified
/etc/httpd/suse_loadmodule.conf. Leaving it
untouched...
You can find my version in
/etc/httpd/suse_loadmodule.conf.SuSEconfig...

ATTENTION: You have modified
/etc/httpd/suse_addmodule.conf. Leaving it
untouched...
You can find my version in
/etc/httpd/suse_addmodule.conf.SuSEconfig...

Installing new /etc/httpd/suse_include.conf
Installing new /etc/httpd/suse_define.conf
Installing new /etc/httpd/suse_text.conf
Finished.

So, I find this very confusing as, in fact, I have not touched any of the
above mentioned files. Maybe I am missing something, but this seems odd.

Any thoughts?

Dominic

---