Re: [SLE] SuSE Bits and Pieces
  • From: Thibaut Cousin <cousin@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 18:29:31 +0100

Le Mercredi 6 Novembre 2002 18:18, Fancher, Mark (GEAE) a écrit :
> I have SuSE 8.0. I find that as I'm installing software, I always seem to
> be missing something. For instance, last night I finally figured out that
> I need to install 'make'. Then, I was missing installpkg - the problem was
> that it wasn't available to install from the SuSE CDs. Installpkg is in
> the manuals, but not available on the CDs.
>
> Its frustrating to a newcomer.
>
> Is this because I'm using the personal version? If I used the professional
> version, would all these things be there without me installing the little
> bits?

I think personal edition has no development tool (I don't have it, but I
remember reading as such on the pro box: no development tool and no network
server), so you're probably stuck. You can download them on SuSE FTP site, or
configure YaST2 to do it. That's the best I can suggest, sorry...

- --
Thibaut Cousin
E-mail : cousin@xxxxxxxx
Web : http://clrwww.in2p3.fr