SuSE Bits and Pieces
  • From: "Fancher, Mark (GEAE)" <Mark.Fancher@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 12:18:43 -0500
I have SuSE 8.0. I find that as I'm installing software, I always seem to be
missing something. For instance, last night I finally figured out that I need
to install 'make'. Then, I was missing installpkg - the problem was that it
wasn't available to install from the SuSE CDs. Installpkg is in the manuals,
but not available on the CDs.

Its frustrating to a newcomer.

Is this because I'm using the personal version? If I used the professional
version, would all these things be there without me installing the little bits?