Re: [SLE] Configuring FTP on Suse
  • From: Silviu Marin-Caea <silviu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 16:45:23 +0200
Techie wrote:
Hi all. My apologies for the typical first timers questions, but being new to SuSe 8.x I need so guidance. I downloaded and installed SuSe and have configured everything to my specs but ftp. I can't seem to find clear documentation on configuring FTP and was wondering where to begin.

I went into the Yast module and have the process starting automatically. Is there any clear documentation out there or can someone tell me how to configure ftp. Currently when I try to connect I can only connect with anonymous?

What ftp daemon do you run?

rpm -qa | grep ftp

BSD ftpd requires no configuration, basically, just to have it starting in xinetd or inetd.

--
Silviu Marin-Caea Systems Engineer Linux/Unix http://www.genesys.ro
Phone +40723-267961