Re: [SLE] Start an application with the RC.D Scripts but under specific user
  • From: Linux User <linux@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 07:36:50 -0600
It works great !!

Thanks to all !!!

Linux User wrote:
But... I then I will need to "login" in order to execute the application... and what I need it's to run it as soon as the Computer turns on (like all the rc.d run levels scrtipts) but I need that the application run's as if was owned by a user different than root.

Ok, then.

Make an /etc/init.d/whatever script and put this in it:

su --login --command=application user

Look at /etc/init.d/skeleton to make a better script.

--
Silviu Marin-Caea Systems Engineer Linux/Unix http://www.genesys.ro
Phone +40723-267961