Re: [SLE] Start an application with the RC.D Scripts but under specific user
  • From: Peter van Eck <pveck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 14:29:59 +0100
You can use su - <username> -c <command> syntax .

Peter

Linux User wrote:

But... I then I will need to "login" in order to execute the application... and what I need it's to run it as soon as the Computer turns on (like all the rc.d run levels scrtipts) but I need that the application run's as if was owned by a user different than root.

:(

thanks !

Linux User wrote:

Hi to all...
I need to be available to start an application each time the PC Starts... but I need to run it as an specific user rather than "root"
how to I do that ? I mean told that the script that should strat the application "x or y" but not under root as it's processes owner ?

/home/user/.profile

--
Silviu Marin-Caea Systems Engineer Linux/Unix http://www.genesys.ro
Phone +40723-267961