Re: [SLE] who can telll me what CUPS is?
  • From: Damon Register <damon.w.register@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 06:58:40 -0500
Thibaut Cousin wrote:
> OK, I agree with the proverb, but with a technical subject like that, I find
> it nice to give people a starting point. Now that Wade has a general idea of
> what a printing server, he can STFW with better chance of success. ;-)
Thanks for your more friendly answer. I agree with you that someone
here can give a nice simple starting point. I too want to know more
about CUPS. I have already seen info on it, enough to know that it
is a printing system but what I don't know is what is the difference
between CUPS and LPRng and why I should use one or the other. After
the not-so-friendly reply, I don't know if I would bother to post
my question.

Certainly there is a wealth of information out there on the web
but it seems that quite often what happes is that you get
thousands of links that may or may not have anything to do with what
you want to know. Whats wrong with wanting to find some who
already knows that information. For me, that is survival in my
job. I have to keep a mental list of human links to information

Damon Register