Re: [SLE] Star Office 6.0 question
  • From: Damon Register <damon.w.register@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 06:34:01 -0500
Harry G wrote:

> My questions are:
>
> 1. What command will send it to the lp1 port when I add the 2nd printer?
Try the following. It helped me
http://sdb.suse.de/en/sdb/html/ke_so-print.html

> 2. Will a Epson Stylus Color 800 driver work?
Don't know but that reminds me I have a question that I think
is related to yours and perhaps someone can answer both our questions.
I see that one just adds a printer to SO that points to one of the
queues setup elsewhere. In the SuSE provided instructions listed
above, you add a printer and tamper with then command line to direct
the output appropriately. The question is this: what is the
significance of the various printers listed in the SO printer
setup when SO just points to an already defined queue? In other
words, if I select an Epson in SO setup and point to a queue that
I have created for an HP 932C color printer, is that the same as
if I had selected an IBM, HP or generic in SO and pointed to the
same queue? Does the printer selection within SO cause any
different behavior or function in addition to that already
provided by the system defined queue

> 3. Where does Suse keep it's print drivers, in case I need to add a driver to
> Star Office?
Good question. I want to know too. To anyone, are these specific
to SO? Is this related my questions to his question 2 above?

Damon Register