Re: [SLE] Streaming media in Linux?
  • From: Eddie <eddie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 09:10:54 +0100
On Wednesday 06 November 2002 5:42 am, Clayton Cornell wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 November 2002 07:20, Alex Daniloff wrote:
> > Hello SuSE folkz,
> > Could somebody tell me please what Linux application I can use to
> > watch video/x-ms-asf mime type streaming files?
> > Thank you in advance.
> > Alex
>
> I use Codeweavers XOver plugin, and have installed MS Media Player 6.4.
> Works pretty good for streaming asf. Not exactly the perfect Linux
> solution, but it does work for those websites that only provide Windows
> Media streams (like my favorite radio station Studio Brussel).
>
> C.

Do you think that it is a good idea to find alternative ways of using MS
programs or should we be nagging (and in some cases boycotting) people to
make them aware that they is a community who are non-MS product users around
or perhaps both? In my opinion, if we quietly find alternatives to using MS
products that the situation will never change. Just a thought.

< Previous Next >