Re: [SLE] How to limit MP3 file to 15 seconds?
  • From: Thibaut Cousin <cousin@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 08:54:35 +0100

Le Mercredi 6 Novembre 2002 05:10, Ronald Wiplinger a écrit :
> I have to create out of an existing MP3 file a sample of 15 seconds.
> Does anybody have a hint how to do it?
> I have also the original CD to create the MP3 file from scratch too, if
> that is easier.
>
> I use SuSE 8.0 prof.

Install Grip from the SuSE CDs. 8.0 has an old version, but it is enough to
do what you want. It relies on lame or gogo or bladeenc (etc) being
installed, it is only a gui.
When extracting, you can specify a start sector and an end sector. You have
to make a few tries to know how long a sector is, but it is quite fast.

- --
Thibaut Cousin
E-mail : cousin@xxxxxxxx
Web : http://clrwww.in2p3.fr