Re: [SLE] Dupicated howto trees
  • From: Steven Augart <steve@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 18:21:12 -0800
The problem is also present in 8.0. I found this when I was trying to
trim the fat on the hard drive on my laptop. Ugly. I assume it was a mistake on the part of the packager.

They're not quite identical. /usr/share/doc/howto/en/html/mini/HOWTO/mini
has newer versions of a few files than /usr/share/doc/howto/en/html/mini does.

I hope they fixed it in 8.1.

Thanks,

--Steve Augart

Carlos E. R. wrote:

Hi,

I have noticed that the mini howtos are duplicated in their html versions;
at least aparently, I have not checked all of them.

See, there is a:

/usr/share/doc/howto/en/html/mini/

but there is also a:

/usr/share/doc/howto/en/html/mini/HOWTO/mini/

And both seem to hold the same howto files. In fact, they are also
duplicated in the original rpm (howtoenh). This happens in suse 7.3. How
about suse 8.0 and 8.1?

Any idea why?