Re: [SLE] Suse 8.1 and Samsung HD, size=0 bytes !
  • From: Steven Augart <steve@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 18:07:08 -0800
Is it feasable for you to do the partitioning under a distribution
that works fine, then do an upgrade installation?

--Steve Augart

Fábio Rabelo wrote:

I spend last 2 days trying to installs Suse 8.1 in a Pentium 233MMX in a
Via MVP3 based motherboard without any success .
The problem is the Samsung SV1022D, the size of this HD reported by Yast
( text mode and graphic mode ) is 0 bytes !
Suse 7.2 and 7.3 installs smoothly in this machine !
Using Quantum, Wester Digital or Seagate HDs installs fine too .
Unfortunatly I do not have another Pentium motherboard now to try this
Samsung HD to find out if is a chipset/HD inssue or just the HD, but the
problem exists !!
I'll tryed all boot options and all excluding parameters ...

Fábio Rabelo