Re: [SLE] Lyx and docbook
  • From: "Carlos E. R" <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 01:21:28 +0100
Togan Muftuoglu wrote:

I have found one of the problems in sgmltools reading the howto
(/usr/share/doc/howto/en/html/mini/DocBook-Install/using.html). It seems
that sgmltools needs some environment variables:

/etc/profile.d/sp.sh
/etc/profile.d/jade_dsl.sh
They are commented by default so uncomment them and your SGML variables
are set including jade :-)

Ah! I'll try that, perhaps tomorrow :-)

But it doesn't agree with the howto. My sp.sh file has:

export SGML_CATALOG_FILES=$HOME/sgml/CATALOG:/etc/sgml/CATALOG:/usr/share/sgml/

and that I can asure you it desn't work here. Acording to the howto, It has got to list every individual catalog file, like:

export SGML_CATALOG_FILES=/usr/share/sgml/CATALOG.db3sxml:/usr/share/sgml/CATALOG.
db41xml:..... etc

One by one. If that is not done, at least "-//SGMLtools//DOCUMENT Docbook Style Sheet for Print//EN" is not found.

I have found another place to look at, /etc/sgml/*. Perhaps the problem is that /etc/sgml/CATALOG does not list all of them.

Any way, it doesn't matter much, I intend to upgrade to suse 8.1 soon.

It seems to me that the sgmltools are very broken in suse 7.3... I wonder
if they ever tested it :-? I'll check when I update to 8.1 soon what
happens.

They are sure at least I have been using them since 7.2 and had not had
a problem (except Turkish language support which was fixed by me adding
the translations and fixing the db2x.sh for the correct SP_ENCODING

Well... I don't know. It hasn't fully worked for me straight from the box. I think I tried with su7.1 and lyx failed to work well with docbook, so I used the normal article style instead at the time.

you may get the newer versions from
your_favorite_mirror/ftp.suse.com/people/ke

Yes, I did. Perhaps I missed some file(s). I'll recheck.

and if you want to use Lyx with Docbook check
http://bgu.chez.tiscali.fr/doc/db4lyx/index.html

[...]

Good, I have just downloaded it, complete with sources. Wonderfull :-)

Now lets hope somebody invents a way to take electronic reading to the bed - holding a PC there is cumbersome and noisy for late night reading X-)

< Previous Next >