Re: [SLE] grrrr ! who do I have to choke ???
  • From: Curtis Rey <crrey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 16:55:53 -0600
Check out the pull down menu for install options, can't remembet exactly the
name, but it's the one that allows you to change a package to "taboo".
Hopefully you won't see this again. I''m not sure if you have to go through
the process of letting find/list the package as one to be installed and then
change its status to taboo or not, but I think this could be the case.

I like the feature of having more information and somewhat a little more
control. However, YaST2 still needs work IMHO and I'm still frustrated with
the inability to do things, as in YaST1, where you can go to the ftp site and
browse and compare packages in the various directories (e.g. comparing
something in supplementary/kde/8.1/base or apps to see if you there's a newer
package).

Anyway, there is a way to set certain packages to taboo. Exactly how to do
this and what ramifications it might have should you have a package to update
and a "taboo" package is needed/involved.

HTH, Curtis