HELP! Uninstalled CUPS and can't boot into KDE
I'm at home and tried hooking up to my wife's computer to try to print
from the printer attached to her machine. Anyway, I had some issues with
CUPS so I decided to uninstall cups by using synaptic. That went fine (I
guess) and then installed lprng. Once I was done, I noticed that almost
all my icons for files where gone. I couldn't run anything either. Every
program I clicked on asked how it should be opened. Panicing, I decided
to reboot. The only thing that came up was fvwm, for which I have no
clue what it is. I didn't even get an option to choose from KDE or
Gnome. Now I can't even seem to run YAST2.

I'm trying to figure out what I did. I don't "think" I click on anything
else???? Have any ideas?

Also, when I try to run something in FVWM, I get in XMessages:

widgets-WARNING **:Could not open converter for 'iso-646-.1991-irv' to
'UTF-8 charset'

What ever that means.

Also, when I try to open YAST2, I get: cannot connect to X server :0.0
(and I try as root).

Thanks,
Tom

--