Why SuSE company does not want to support French language anymore ?
  • From: arnaud kubacki <edouard.kubacki@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 10:35:46 +0100
Hi the list !

I am wondering why SuSE company does not want to provide to French customers a Frecnh version of its SuSE Linux Packages ?

As far as I know, there is a SuSE version for :
-> German speaking countries
-> English speaking countries
-> Italian speaking countries
-> Spanish speaking countries
-> Czech (?) speaking countries
-> Magyard speaking countries

Is the French Market less profitable than Hungary Market ?

Since SuSE does not provide a French version of its distros, lot of French speaking customers switched to Redhat (I.E : Switzerland, France, Belgium, East of Canada...)

Could a SuSE employee tell me why a such choice ?

Arnaud