Problem changing the source for adding new rpms
  • From: Neville Cobb <npcobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 12:17:10 +1100
I am trying to change the source on the SuSE package installer to a local directory byt each time I try and change it I get the following error message. I've tried /tmp and /home/mydir but it comes up with the same error.

Change source of Installation.
Unable to create installation source from URL dir:///home/mydir/
ERROR(InstSrc:E_n0_instrc_on_media).

Is this a common problem on 8.1 or is it just my computer and if it is just mine does anyone have and suggestions on how to overcome the problem, where to look/adjust etc.

It seems as if the rpm command-line is my only option at the moment as I also can't seem to locate kpackage on 8.1.

Nev