Re: [SLE] Time Has Come For Microsoft Settlement(OT)
  • From: lester@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 08:27:08 +0000
Bottom line on this stitch-up -

Microsoft stock holds should start to worry, and perhaps
think about getting out.

Have you seen the amount of activity at a government level
in the rest of the world to move away from Microsoft - and
not just to Linux, to ANY other option.

I don't see any reason why I should renew my MSDN
subscription this year, I't rather spend the money (and
time) on Linux, and the new licencing structure from
Microsoft and this deal just reenforces that thought. Heck,
my systems use lots of machines, but don't need ANYTHING but
the kernel, so why should I have to pay for full XP
licences. Windows CE is just as expensive as an alternative,
so I am glad That I have the Linux replacement on the bench
<g>

--
Lester Caine

< Previous Next >