Re: [SLE] Printing in Mozilla
  • From: DB Troll <hdbtroll@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2002 23:03:11 -0600
zentara wrote:

On Sat, 2 Nov 2002 19:29:05 +0100
Richard Bos <allabos@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What happens if you change postscript to lpr in mozilla?

How do you change it from Postscript/default to lpr.
David

File -> Print -> Properties -> Now change the print command.
Unfortenately mozilla-1.1 forgets its print configuration, so you have to adopt it each time you start Mozilla.

What happens is Mozilla saves the preferences it started up with.
So what you need to do is close mozilla down, then go into

/mozilla/default/pref/unix.js

Add something like this to the entries:
pref("print.print_command", "lpr ${MOZ_PRINTER_NAME:+'-P'}${MOZ_PRINTER_NAME}"); pref("print.printer_list", "lp lp1 lp2 lp3 lp4 lp5 lp6 lp7"); // list of printers, seperarated by spaces

Then the next time you start mozilla you will get a list of printers.
You leave the postscript part in there, because the postscript output will
get sent to the ghostscript filter for each printer listed.

Hello Zentara,
Ok I followed your instructions but it still prints large, I printed this message from netscape and it used just a bit over half page on mozilla it used over three-fourts page. Where elde do I look.
Thanks
David