Re: [SLE] A small request.
  • From: Philipp Thomas <pth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2002 02:13:19 +0100
jaakko tamminen <jaakko.tamminen@xxxxxxxxxx> [20021103 02:22]:

>When I follow a thread, I don't want to start scroling more and more
>after every message.

There needn't be very long messages if those that reply would stick to
quoting only the relevant part they're replying to. But editing a reply
seems too much work for many people and of course it's much easier to
just put your comment on top of every thing, even when that's *not* the
usual way communication is done.

A normal conversation is always statement and reply, or do you answer
before you're questioned? Why change the way a conversation normally
goes only because it's a written one?

Philipp

--
What use is artificial intelligence if the natural one is lacking?