Re: [SLE] 8.1 - <kdesu konqueror> stopped working? - RESOLVED
OK - thanks for all the help, its now working!

Just to share the solution with you - I ran the app with reporting on
(kdesu -t konqueror) and found that it was struggling with permissions
on a directory (/tmp/mcop-<username>).

Simple removing this directory completely meant that KDE remade it, and
did so sucessfully. The upshot is that running file mamager as root from
my user session is hunky-dory now.

Hope this helps anyone experiencing similar hassles.

Andy

On Sat, 2002-11-02 at 04:09, Joe & Sesil Morris (NTM) wrote:
> On 11/02/2002 08:46 AM, andy stone wrote:
>
> >OK - basic newbie question:
> >In KDE I like to run File Manager as SU (kdesu konqueror) sometimes.
> >This has been fine for a while, adn always was fine in 8.0
> >The other day it just refused to run, and I don't know why.
> >It gets as far as the password form, then just dies.
> >I guess its a permissions thing? But can't find what or why.
> >
> Try reinstalling kdelibs (which includes kdesu [the password prompt]).
> I don't know if it will fix your problem, but there is a new update
> (same version number though) dated 10/31.
>
> --
> Joe & Sesil Morris
> New Tribes Mission
> Email Address: Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx
> Web Address: http://www.mydestiny.net/~joe_morris
> Registered Linux user 231871
> God said, I AM that I AM. I say, by the grace
> God, I am what I am.

< Previous Next >