Matrox G550 (a little OT, I'm afraid, sorry !)
  • From: Riccardo Ferraro <ricferr@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2002 17:40:00 +0000
I have SUSE 8.0 on an Athlon 1600 xp, 256MB,
Matrox G550 and a DVI Samsung LCD display.
The problem is that X (KDE) takes a long time
to start working (more than a minute) and sometimes
it does not start at all (I have to reboot). The same
when I leave KDE to go back to the console. It usually
takes a minute or so; sometimes the system hangs and
I have to reboot. This seems to be a problem related more
to the G550 than to SUSE. I've written about it hoping that
someone with the same problem has solved it someway.
Thanx, Riccardo, Italy.