Re: [Am-info] What next?
  • From: "Fred A. Miller" <fm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2002 10:58:29 -0500

John Poltorak wrote:
| Following the Judge's ruling that appears to draw line under the
| Anti-trust case.

[snip]

The following is what Joe Barr had to say on another list. He just may be
correct. I certainly hope so!!

Fred
_______________

She is laying a trap. I doubt that Gates will miss it. I expect MS to
vigorously fight against her suggested revisions to the proposed
settlement.

Why do I feel that way?

She warned MS execs in court that their promises to be good would come
back to haunt them if their actions didn't match their words.

In her opinion, she makes it quite clear that she is aware of
Microsoft's propensity for lies. The prince and all that.

And finally, one of the most glaring weaknesses in the proposed
settlement is its lack of teeth. Her amendments give her full and
immediate power to enforce "the letter and the spirit" of the final
judgement.

By putting only MS folks on the committee, she is making it Microsoft's
responsibility and Microsoft's responsibility alone to adhere to the
settlement. That's the extra rope.

This little old lady is going to bring MS to its knees. Watch and see.

- --
Fred A. Miller
Systems Administrator
Cornell Univ. Press Services
fm@xxxxxxxxxxx, www.cupserv.org
- --- SuSE Linux v8.0 Pro, KMail 1.4.3---

  • No further messages