Re: SV: [SLE] Office Jet and CUPS
  • From: "Joe & Sesil Morris (NTM)" <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2002 16:43:23 +0800
On 11/02/2002 03:07 PM, Tage Danielsen wrote:

<snip>
When I make a test print to G85 it make a job in the que, and it looks like
that the printer is recieving the job, if the printer is offline, the job is
holding, and as soon I turn the printer online, the job is sending, and soon
it is done. I don't know, but maybe there is some in the printer
initializing, that the printer don't understand? And when I try to search
for a scanner I get no result. Both printers are connected with USB.

According to linuxprinting.org, it mostly works, see http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=421906
Just a thought. I had trouble printing SOME jobs, and finally determined the problem to be some kind of font translation problem. It printed fine when I changed some of the fonts in the doc. Seemed like it printed, but evidently choked in the filter stage. HTH.

--
Joe & Sesil Morris
New Tribes Mission