Re: [SLE] 8.1 - <kdesu konqueror> stopped working?
  • From: Salman Khilji <skhilji@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 21:04:34 -0800
> In KDE I like to run File Manager as SU (kdesu konqueror) sometimes.
> This has been fine for a while, adn always was fine in 8.0
> The other day it just refused to run, and I don't know why.
> It gets as far as the password form, then just dies.

I had this problem in 8.0 with KDE 3.0.1. Evern upgrading to 3.0.2 didn't
work. I think this is a result of you deleting *.* in /tmp and letting KDE
recreate everything. I never figured out what was wrong.

There was one day that I beat the crap out of my computer using apt. Lilo was
screwed up and I didn't know what to do. So I reformatted my hard-drive and
it fixed the issue. Never messed around with /tmp again.

I didn't file a bug report at kde. I think there was a reply or two for it.
YOu may wnat to check the replies out.

Salman