SuSE-Firewall and iptables
  • From: Darrell Cormier <linuxdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 11:05:32 -0600
I am new to linux networking, can someone tell me where to find thorough
information about SuSE Firewall setup and IP tables.

This is a description of my need:

I have a single pc at home with internet access through eth0. I have
aliased my machine at eth0:0 with an internal address for my companies
network. I am using VPND to connect to my company network on port 16004.

I need to correctly configure the firewall and open a whole in the
firewall for the company server that I connect to, as well as any of the
companies intranet servers with addresses like 10.222.xxx.xxx.

Can someone give me some advice on how to accomplish this. I have read
the /usr/share/doc/packages/SuSEfirewall2/EXAMPLES as well as the
/usr/share/doc/packages/SuSEfirewall2/README but to be honest it is a
little over my head. A simpler explaination would be helpful.

Thanks,
D.C.