Re: [SLE] Re: About WinZip, ark, and lnxzip
  • From: John Pettigrew <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 09:30:31 GMT
In a previous message, Salman Khilji wrote:

> I use tar -xvf xxxx.tar. If its zipped then I gunzip it first. Its ugly.
> But it works.

Why not tar -zxvf xxxx.tar.gz? One step, simple :-)

I agree that desktop programs are useful, however. Although there are
already quite a few around, such as the "File roller" that comes with
Gnome2 in SuSE 8.1 (not sure about earlier versions any more).

John
--
John Pettigrew Headstrong Games
john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Fun : Strategy : Price