Re: [SLE] Looking for a console sysmon
  • From: Ben Rosenberg <ben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 22:36:38 -0800
* Rowan Reid (rreid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) [021031 10:12]:
->
->I am looking for a top like system monitor that progressively shows
->memory use, cpu usage .. Network bandwidth drive access. Something like
->dare I say NT system monitor. I am perplexed that my base non X install
->running Apache, SSHd, Postgres, IPTables Firewall, is using 58Megs of
->64Megs. Neither Top, nor Free gives me a process for process memory
->usage breakdown.

Give good ole ps a try. Do this.

ps -aux | more

There are more switches which give even more indepth information..but
this is a boat load of info. :)

Check the man page for ps. It's not bouncy graphics with heart monitor
like graphics. But it works quite well.

--
Ben Rosenberg ---===---===---===--- mailto:ben@xxxxxxxxx
Tell me what you believe..