Office Jet and CUPS
  • From: Tim Hanson <tjhanson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 20:02:02 -0800
I'm having a hard time getting my HP usb Office Jet to print under CUPS. I'm running 8.1 Prof.

I'm using the HP docs found in /usr/share/doc/packages. I get to the point where I can talk to the set the time, etc. I put lines in my /etc/init.d/cups script to load /usr/sbin/ptal-init before CUPS. At this point I should see the spooler, /usr/sbin/ptal-cups as one of the printer options, or else give me another way to write to the spooler. When I use usb1 as the destination, the job disappears, which I already know about and expect.

Does anyone know how to make this work?
--
"MacDonald has the gift on compressing the largest amount of words into
the smallest amount of thoughts."

< Previous Next >