Re: [SLE] Restricting desktop area in KDE
  • From: gilson redrick <gilsonr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 21:44:35 -0500
On Thursday, 31 October 2002 06:49, Ole Kofoed Hansen wrote:
> ... I would like to make KDE treat these windows just as if they were
> panels, so that other programs don't just pop up on top of them.

*IF* I unsderstood your question properly...

You know how to use the mouse to move the cursor to the window edge, when the
cursor becomes a double-headed arrow? With that, resize (click and drag) the
KDE window to the proper size. Then, take the cursor to point to the window
title bar (the topmost bar with the pin, minimize, etc.) *Right* click there
to bring down a pop menu. Click on "Store Settings." _/*Usually*/_ this
makes the window keep to that size the next time you open the application.

--
Regards,
gr