SuSE 8.1 at retail? REDUX
  • From: Kevin McLauchlan <kmclauchlan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 11:34:12 -0400

Humph! I'm............ miffed.

A week after ordering, I just got an e-mail from Camelot
in Montreal, sorrowfully informing me that they don't seem
to have the item that I ordered -- SuSE 8.1 Pro --
available. Two more weeks, at least. Just when I had
my mouth all set for the taste... dammit!

So, I called The Clones Society, and they don't have
it at all. Not even listed in their computer as something
they *would* carry. The guy who took my call suggested
that it might be because their regional distributor is no
longer supplying.

This is the same conversation that I had with "Novo Club",
before they went out of business. Some political wrangling
has resulted in a falling-out between SuSE and whomever
*was* doing regional distribution in Eastern Canada.

FutureShop is still trying to sell 8.0. No 8.1 yet.

So, is ANYBODY aware of ANY store that has SuSE 8.1 Pro
in stock, in the Ottawa region, Ontario, Canada?

Actually, I'm driving to Montreal this weekend, so if
there's any place in Montreal... that would be good, too??

/kevin