suse 8.1
  • From: Jack Malone <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 15:19:58 -0500
Just got suse 8.1 pro in today. Ordered it from suse online store yesterday an paid for 2 day fedex an got it overnight. From what I see so far I say good job suse. yast2 does seem to be a bit slower on this old pen II 300 with 512 megs ram, it should be much faster on my machine at home a duron 850 with 384 megs ram.
just my thoughts on it. even thought it seems slower, this a test machine here at work so i can live with the slow speed of things for n

jack malone
Network Administrator
EAST TEXAS LIGHTHOUSE FOR THE BLIND
dba HORIZON INDUSTRIES