Re: [SLE] switching over from redhat
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 16:07:08 +0200
On Friday 04 October 2002 16.01, Kevin McLauchlan wrote:
> My 8.1 delivery hasn't arrived yet... Have they dropped
> lilo?

Not dropped, but grub is the default. You can select either when you install.

> Or are they just featuring grub as well?
> Which one are you offered if you just run the installer
> and answer questions as they come up?

grub, unless you manually change it.

> I tried Grub last year and didn't see what the fuss was
> about, so I went back to lilo... but then I don't do
> anything fancy, so I probably don't realize what I'm
> missing...

The biggest difference is probably that you don't have to do anything when you
change "vmlinuz", so no more "agh, I forgot to run /sbin/lilo so now I can't
boot. HELP!!" type of mails.

//Anders
--
'Deserves [death]. I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some
that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to

< Previous Next >