Re: [SLE] Metacity question
  • From: John Pettigrew <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 13:15:42 +0100
In a previous message, John Pettigrew wrote:

> In a previous message, James Ogley wrote:
>
> > > [metacity] has one very irritating feature - when a window gains the
> > > input focus, it pops to the front. Is there any way to disable this?
> > > I've tried to find info on the net to no avail.
> >
> > In the GConf editor, change /apps/metacity/general/auto_raise to be
> > unticked
>
> I've checked this and it's unticked, but I still get focused windows
> popping to the front. Any hints?

I've worked out what's happening - "auto-raise" is only optional if you have
"mouse" or "sloppy" focus. If you have "click" focus, it behaves like
Windows. Yuck. I'll post a suggestion to the metacity people about this, as
it's a silly decision, given that the option is there for the other two
states.

John
--
John Pettigrew Headstrong Games