Re: [SLE] Fstab Problem, help needed
On Fri, 2002-10-04 at 05:15, Ralph De Witt wrote:

> Hi:
> I just did a fresh install of SuSE 8.0 on a MSI KT3 ultra2 MOBO, and I noticed
> that I have two failures during boot having to with swap services/or devices
> not being set up due to in ability to read fstab properly. This is at the
> edges of and beyond my knowledge. Could someone take a look at my fstab and
> see if you can find the problem. My fstab follows: (not in this reply!)

Hi Ralph,

What I do find astonishing is, that your fstab does not include a /boot
partition.
I was told, that you must have a /boot partition (it can be small, on my
box it is e.g. only 15.2 MB) as ext2fs, otherwise (using ONLY reiserfs)
you would run into difficulties.
I never dared to ignore this:-)
And never had troubles as described by you:-)

Cheers ..... Wolfi
mailto:wolfi_z@xxxxxxx