Re: [SLE] ADSL Speedtouch USB modem support
> I didn't see this modem on Suse hardware database.
> This modem is very used in France.
> Take a look here ( http://speedtouch.sourceforge.net/ ),
> there is a driver (works fine), how-to,...

Unfortunately, in order to make the drivers work, you need to have the
[non-distributable] code from Alcatel.

The kernel modules are included (n_hdlc ppp_synctty etc) and the stuff
from speedtouch.sf.net compiles and works out-the-box (my DSL is
controlled by a SuSE firewall with an Alcatel frog attached)

But, because the Alcatel stuff can't be included, it can't listed in the
CDB as working.
--
James Ogley, Unix Systems Administrator, Pinnacle Insurance Plc
james.ogley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx www.pinnacle.co.uk +44 (0) 20 8731 3619

CONFIDENTIALITY.This e-mail and any attachments are
confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the
named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and
do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any
purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Any
views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender, except where the sender specifically states them to
be the views of Pinnacle Insurance plc.

If you have received this email in error please immediately
notify the Pinnacle Helpdesk on +44 (0) 20 8207 9555.

www.mimesweeper.com