Re: [SLE] Lilo warning: Int 0x13Function 8
  • From: Richard <ratcheson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 01:29:18 -0500
On Friday 04 October 2002 12:34 am, Christopher Mahmood wrote:
> * Richard (ratcheson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) [021003 20:55]:
> > Warning: Int 0x13 function 8 and function 0x48 return different
> > head/sector geometries for BIOS drive 0x80
>
> I think, although I'm not positive, that it means your BIOS's
> notion of the disk geometry is not only inconsistent with the
> kernel's (which isn't uncommon) but inconsistent internally.
>
> Changing the BIOS setting for the disk from "LBA" or whatever
> to "normal" might make the message go away I don't think it's
> anything to worry about unless the system won't boot.

Thanks Christopher,
I had read a similar answer to your first paragraph. What gives me pause is
that all had been going well with this particular machine, except for my own
stupid screwups, and then this showed up a day or so ago.

I'm a little afraid it wont boot after i shut it down to mess with the bios.
As it is, I did a relog with a new user and my desktop wont come up. Looks
like things are going to hell very quickly.

ra

< Previous Next >