Re: [SLE] Lilo warning: Int 0x13Function 8
  • From: Christopher Mahmood <ckm@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 22:34:41 -0700
* Richard (ratcheson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) [021003 20:55]:
> Warning: Int 0x13 function 8 and function 0x48 return different
> head/sector geometries for BIOS drive 0x80

I think, although I'm not positive, that it means your BIOS's
notion of the disk geometry is not only inconsistent with the
kernel's (which isn't uncommon) but inconsistent internally.

Changing the BIOS setting for the disk from "LBA" or whatever
to "normal" might make the message go away I don't think it's
anything to worry about unless the system won't boot.

--

-ckm