switching over from redhat
  • From: christopher j bottaro <cjb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 19:00:26 -0500
hello,
i've been using redhat linux for like two years...since 6.2 to 7.3. i'm a big
kde fan and actually dislike gnome. redhat is very biased to gnome and i
just heard that suse is geared towards kde, hence my interest in the change.
i have a few questions before i make my decision:
1) where can i see a list of all the packages included in the suse 8.1
distrobution?
2) is there automatic update system like redhat's up2date?
3) how configurable is the installation process? i kinda like to very
carefully pick and choose what gets installed and then compile kde from
source.
4) what boot loader does it use? grub i hope...=)
5) where can i get more detailed info about suse? where can i find out info
and comparisons about/between all the major distros?
6) cups the main print system?

thanks,
christopher (maybe soon to be suse user...=)