Re: [SLE] Fido setup
  • From: Kees Bergwerf <c.bergwerf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 01:43:17 +0200

> I just converted from doing fido on warp 4.5 to doing it on SuSE 8.0. I

I moved from warp4 to suse about a year ago

> Who has this stuff set up? There is no REAL help on the web (at least I
> didn't find any- even with Google)

I know, hard to find :(

I use wtrgate as a tosser: http://fido.volta.ee/ but I have used the husky
software as well

At first get a mailer running, like Binkley:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/btxe/

It can work without a nodelist

I use fastlst as a nodelist compiler, can't remember where I got it, perhaps
at www.apworks.com
It compiles a version7 list that can be used by GoldED and Binkley

Tossing mail depends on your setup. You have to try that four yourself I
think.

When you use the husky software, use the tparser program to check the configs
until there are no error messages
tossing mail: run hpt without parameters to see which command line parameters
are available.

Try to connect to the fido echo FIDOSOFT.HUSKY for more help about the husky
software

I use also ftrack, a kind of netmgr program

There is a lot more to tell :-) but you have to find things for yourself also.
But if you have questions, just ask

greetings from the Netherlands,
Kees