Re: [SLE] writing into pdf files
  • From: "Joe & Sesil Morris (NTM)" <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 07:33:26 +0800
Shoshana Rosenthal wrote:

As time goes on more people are sending out forms as .pdf files. They expect that we can electronically write into these files and then print them out. Currently, when I open a .pdf file I'm using "xpdf"
in Netscape. It doesn't allow writing into the file.

I downloaded several IRS forms this past tax time in fillable pdf format, filled them out with my SuSE (7.3 at the time, w/ Acrobat 4), and printed them out. No problem.

Is there a version of Adobe Acrobat available on Linux
machines for this purpose.

I now use 8.0 and 5.05, and it works fine as well.

--
Joe & Sesil Morris
New Tribes Mission