Re: [SLE] CSS in Mozilla
  • From: Kevin L Hochhalter <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 09:57:49 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, Thibaut Cousin wrote:

> I've recently started to use Mozilla on SuSE 8.0 (version 1.1 installed with
> apt-get).
> It's OK so far, except for one detail: it completely ignores stylesheets. I
> guess it is an option somewhere in the preferences, but I haven't been able
> to find it. I remember that Netscape 6 and 7 behave the same by default.
> Where do you activate CSS-rendering in Mozilla?

Css rendering is turned on by default, and should work "out of the box."
If you go to suse.com, and everything looks ok, then css is working. If
you are talking about user-defined style sheets, you will need to create a
file called userContent.css, and place it inside the chrome directory in
~/.mozilla. You can then define whatever styles you wish, and they will
be applied to all of the pages that you visit. One thing you might need
to do is append "!important" to all of your styles to make sure that they
will override styles specified in the page you are viewing.

You can do something similar for the XUL interface by creating a file
called userChrome.css, and placing it in the same location as
userContent.css. In userChrome.css you can change the look of many
aspects of the user interface, without having to write your own theme.

You might also want to take a look at

http://www.mozilla.org/unix/customizing.html

which will give you some hints on customizing Mozilla.

hope this helps,
Kevin