[SLE] USB keyboard becoming crazy
  • From: Thibaut Cousin <cousin@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 15:33:43 +0200

On SuSE 8.0 (i386, up-to-date), I have a little problem.
My keyboard is USB, plugged on the motherboard (internal hub). It is
correctly detected and used.
But usually, after a time varying from 10 minutes to one hour, I loose the
keyboard. The other USB devices always keep working fine. When it happens,
the keyboard doesn't respond to keypresses, or suddenly prints ten letters
when I press a key just once.
The only way I've found to get it back to normal is to unplug-replug it
(thanks to USB). Then the hotplug daemon redetects it, beeps, and it works
again... until the next time.

Any idea of the cause? Could kernel 2.4.18 have a flaw in USB subsystem? Or
the hotlug daemon?
My motherboard is recent, so it shouldn't be the old "low power on USB"
problem...

- --
Thibaut Cousin
email : cousin@xxxxxxxx