Re: [SLE] cyrillic fonts
  • From: Vitaly Shishakov <shift@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 12:07:50 +0400
On Thursday 03 October 2002 11:40, Togan Muftuoglu wrote:
> * Vitaly Shishakov; <shift@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on 03 Oct, 2002 wrote:
> >Dear colleagues.
> >
> >Now that we can not get MS ttf fonts for free,
> >there is a question of getting GOOD scalable fonts for cyrillic (serif,
> >sans serif and fixed-width). Can any1 share their experience in getting
> >ones?
>
> http://susefaq.sf.net/generalx.html
> http://dinamizm.ath.cx/generalx.html
>
> There is a modified fetchmssfonts scripts that will grab the fonts and
> install to your system

COOL! that's great.

despite eveything you may speak about MS,
their (well, AFAIK formelly Monotype's + Microsoft's verdana) fonts are
the best UNICODE fonts i saw, that also implement cyrillic. Too sad i have
to by Windows to have Tahoma legally (and expecially forthcoming Nino)--
this font best suits the UI interface on screen -- are there any free
analogs?